A jazz workshop series which consists of:
• A workshop/masterclass with visiting artist(s), class instructor & students. The visiting artist will work with the students as a group & individually on the music they have been preparing. (Performance analysis)
• Performance of original music of the visiting artist and students
• Discussion on jazz music; the history of jazz, listening to jazz music, influential jazz musicians.
• Music theory: scales, chord changes. How to connect theory with improvisation.
• Improvisation: using your “ear”, and scale knowledge. How to combine the two.
• Practice methods: how to practice, how often, practicing when away from your instrument.
• Question & answer section, students are encouraged to ask questions throughout the workshop.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for booking & further information